Pages

Thursday 18 July 2013

Theatre time darlings


Hey guys ,

So lets talk about Theatre! *She says in a theatrical was as dozens of theatrical people wander down a theatrical staircase in a theatrical way*


Wow I hope that painted a picture for you.
 

Yes the theatre. Now my family isn’t particularly theatrical but we are definitely musical so I have no idea where me or my brother gets our passion or talent from but all I know is that there is nothing more I enjoy than pretending to be a cripple or a nutcase or something –bearing in mind I have played parts ranging from a Bakers wife to superman. It’s a challenging past time but I really do enjoy the challenge and variety it through’s back at you(# intelligent point #hashtaggingisnotintelligent #ironic

I definitely noticed a change in myself and how my confidence increased after I started my second drama school –Dreams Theatre –what a great name!

I am naturally not shy ,just reserved—for instance I wouldn’t have gone and spoke to some one in the same room as me  -if they hadn't of spoken to me first!

I have always been pretty much like that –cheerful , social able and friendly just not push my self forward confident. But after I started Dreams –which was when I was about 13 ish years old , straight away I noticed a dramatic change in myself– rather than clamming up and going beetroot red –I just thought to myself I don’t know anyone here –just go for it –and I did and I found that I loved getting into a crazy character with a mental accent.

 

I had gone to a different drama school previously which was a very controlling and professional workaholic type club but Dreams is like a little family. Its not mega professional with all the crazy equipment and teachers and long dress runs but its friendly and everyone hugs each other and we have a laugh while we all enjoy a smidge of acting and dance and theatre. I'm not serious on a theatre based future but I really do enjoy and must say I do count the days until I am back playing a dismembered arm or something!

So today I have decided to give you a list of my top five musical songs of all time –some are very obvious and cheesy –but hey who doesn't like a bit of cheese with the cracker that is life! If you are not a theatre person then let me tell you that I’m not either –I’m not a mega fan who knows all the lyrics to every musical or loves ‘love never dies’ and hard core  musicals etc. Because it’s just not what I enjoy- but I do appreciate good music and I’m sure those type of musicals are amazing to others!

 



5. Ohmigod you guys –Legally Blonde

Brilliant song –if you want to improve your characters skills definitely this this the perfect song for dolls or guys! My brother had to play one of Elle's cronies and  he was embarrassed to start but it really was a lot of fun—a cheesy ott girly song that gets you in the modd for a good tub of Mr Ben and Jerry or a Sleepyover!

 

4.Into the Wood Prologue –Into the Woods the Musical
 
Such a long and laborious technical song –it’s like listening to all your favourite childhood fairy-tale characters telling their story through song and its all overlapping so can get a little confusing at times –but really listen out for the Evil Stepmother and Ugly Sisters as well as Cinderella , Little Red riding hood and Jack and his beanstalk! Such skill in a song like this—think its confusing to listen to –try singing along!

 

3.Electricity –Billy Elliot the musical

This song is so spine chilling its cut through with Billies strong accent but its still and beautiful emotional song. It’s a pure sound—and its incredibly live when Billy dances along. It’s a really powerful uncontrollable sound and rhythm –it really makes you feel and when the key changes it uplifts –definitely a feel good song. What I love about the song is that Billy Elliot is more about the dancing than the singing but this song could hold its own in a fight against some of the big musicals!

 

2.What it means to be a friend-13 the musical

Now this is one of the cheesiest songs on the list but the main reason this one is on here and so high up is the girl that sings this song! This is the original Broadway cast of 13 the musical which is about a group of teenagers and this song is so powerful-however not quite as powerful and mind-blowing as this girls voice –Alice Trimm –who was in fact 13 years old when she recorded this musical –she has not had any really professional training purely natural talent. It’s a really cute musical with real songs you/teenagers can relate to!

 

1. Naughty –Matilda the Musical

So number one is a fairly new musical on the block and sung by Josie Griffiths the young actress that sings on the soundtrack! This is such a fun and relatable song! Its good such a bouncy uplifting tune and it’s a pretty hard score to sing so the girls do so well to sing this song. Also there is a set routine to do with this song ,so multitasking little girls have topped my musical songs lists –but I must say I could listen to this song over , over , over again! Actually mind boggling on stage as well!

I hope you have enjoyed my little recommendations and comments about Musical Theatre! Obviously I have so many more favourites but these posts are already too long! What theatre do you people like? And just remember myeyebrowsaredark!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment